Last Oak Golf & Country Club
General Manager – Employment Opportunity
The Last Oak Golf and Country Club is nestled in the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley, 16 km north of Broadview Saskatchewan, near Crooked Lake. The Last Oak is proudly owned by the Cowessess First Nation. The Last Oak is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is eager to help grow our golf course and make it a tourism destination in Saskatchewan. The General Manager must be passionate about promotion, event planning, business management and overall operational excellence.
POSITION: General Manager
The General Manager of the Last Oak Golf & Country Course shall be directly responsible for the daily operations of the Last Oak Golf course grounds, pro-shop and restaurant by supervising the Maintenance Team, Pro-Shop and Restaurant employees. The General
Manager shall ensure all aspects of inventory control, to order and purchase all supplies for pro-shop from the established vendors, obtain pre-approval on new vendors and or products, preparing and analyzing invoices for accounts payable department, as well as to ensure that support staff are aware of the inventory rotation process and control procedures. The Manager shall be aware of all front end duties such as: operating the cash register, debit machine, preparing and processing daily cash floats, compiling cash sheets as well as reconciling daily sales report. The Last Oak is looking to elevate our brand and customer experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be creative and entrepreneurial in developing and delivering a sound marketing plan aimed at customer experience and growth.
- Possess a general knowledge of the golf and tourism industry;
- Have a minimum of Grade 12 combined with at least 5 years of work experience in the
industry, or similar management positions.
- Preference given to individuals with a business degree or enrolled in a business degree
program in the areas of operations management, project management, or marketing.
- Have excellent communication skills to deal effectively both in writing and orally with
employees, patrons, and the Chief and Council.
- Work under pressure to deal with patrons and possess excellent time management skills;
- Possess social media and website promotional expertise and capacity.
- Effectively plan events and tournaments to draw in patrons.
- Ability to be assertive in order to deal with patrons and staff professionally;
- Ability to develop an annual plan and execute on the plan with minimum supervision;
- General understanding and ability to apply basic accounting principles;
- Proficiently operate a computer system to produce electronic spreadsheets, scheduling, forms, as well as operating the necessary equipment such as cash registers, and debit
- Be well organized, punctual, dependable, and reliable and ensure that confidential
matters remain confidential;
- Must possess a valid class 5 drivers licence and personal automobile.
- The successful candidate must be able to start work March 15, this can be part time and
remotely up until April 15, 2019 to plan and prepare for the season.
- The successful candidate must be available for on site work starting April 15, 2019.
- The position requires a non -standard work week. The course is open 7 days a week from May 10 until October 10 from 7:00am to 8:00pm daily. The General Manager needs to be on call during these times and will be responsible to develop a work schedule for
management and staff to suit the needs of the business.
- Salary and Wage will be negotiable based on experienced and proposed management regime.
- Vibrant golf enthusiasts in the latter years of a business degree program are encouraged to apply. Must provide a plan of how management would work around school
- Competition open to all qualified candidates.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by March 1, 2019 outlining the following:
Resume should include:
- Objective in Applying for the position
- Current work
- Work history (dates, type of work, location)
- Personal Interests
- Three (3) References
Cover Letter should include:
- Why the position interests you?
- What would your goal for the Last Oak be under your management?
- What strengths do you bring to this position? Any limitations we should be aware of?
- Salary/ Wage Rate Expectation.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please EMAIL resume and cover letter to the following:
P.O. Box 100
Tel: (306) 696-2520/Fax: (306) 696-2767
DEADLINE for resumes shall be NOT LATER than noon 12:00pm. March 1, 2019.